The ST-10M Mono Power Amplifier builds upon NuPrime’s fourth generation (V4) amplifier module from the ST-10 and brings it to the next level. The ST-10 was designed within the space limitation of its chassis and hence had a power system which was capable of providing 150W power output to each of the stereo channels. To really bring out the best of the V4 amplifier module, the ST-10M has a new 300W power supply for its mono channel. The entire design including the chassis has been optimised for the mono configuration, further lowering the cross channel interference.
ST-10M – Mono Power Amplifier
The ST-10M Mono Power Amplifier sees the original 10A bridge rectifier replaced by a 50A Schottky diode, the capacitors upgraded to 30,000 micro-Farad, and duly the power transformer is now rated at 300W. Throughout the ST-10M an improved circuit layout has been achieved with careful component selection that has resulted in a lower noise floor than the ST-10 Stereo Power Amplifier.
The NuPrime Sound
The ST-10M delivers a more full bodied and rich sonic performance, it conveys greater immediacy and power as compared to the ST-10. The improved power delivery and reduced interference gives the instruments richer overtones and more natural decay. The soundstage is deeper and creates a greater sense of space. The imaging of the ST-10M more solid.
The improvements are demonstrable. The striking of piano keys arrives with greater attack and faster transients, a sound that naturally resonates with the piano body. Brass instruments sound glorious, characterful and carry a natural sheen without ever being “bright”. Female vocals and high frequencies retain the signature of the ST-10 but they arrive in a smoother, more refined fashion through the ST-10M. In an ensemble, the tonality gains an extra notch of richness which makes the overall presentation more natural.
With the ST-10M, every aspect of the ST-10 sound has been improved upon, pushing the ST-10M into reference grade territory.
- RCA: Un-Balanced input x 1
- XLR: Balanced input x 1
- Speaker Out x 1
- Power Output (rated): 230W @ 8 Ohms, 320W @ 4 Ohms
- Power Output (peak): 270W @ 8 Ohms, 375W @ 4 Ohms
- Gain: x 28
- Input Impedance: 47k Ohms
- Sensitivity: 1.5Vrms to rated power
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 0.01%
- Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR): 91dB @ 10W
- Frequency Response: 0Hz to 50kHz (-3dB)
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.9W at 115V outlet, 1.7W at 230V outlet
- Idle Power Consumption: 14W at 115V outlet, 14.8W at 230V outlet
- Worldwide AC voltage: (115 VAC / 230 VAC) with Voltage Select Switch
- AC Fuse: Slow-blow, 5A, 250VAC
- Colour: High quality Anodised Black or Silver
- Dimension: 59 mm x 215.4 mm x 394 mm [W x H x D]
- Weight: 6 kg
ST-10M is a phase inverting amp. If you are certain that the +/- (usually the red/white connectors) phase of your inputs are non inverting, then you should reverse the +/- inputs for each channel on ST-10M. All other NuPrime amps were designed as non-inverting amp. If you have no idea what this is all about, don’t bother with making any adjustment.
There is no 12V trigger for ST-10M.