The NuPrime ST-10 Stereo Power Amplifier is for listeners who require a reference-class amplifier at a somewhat lower power rating of 2 x 150W into 8Ohms. NuPrime’s sonic character stands well apart from – and indeed above – the soft, cushy sound often associated with most tubed amplification and the dry, clinical, edgy sound often associated with solid-state and switching technology. Rarely does an amp achieve an ideal balance of richly textured timbres and harmonics, bottom-end authority, startling dynamics, exquisite low-level detail, and a revealing, three dimensional sound stage against a totally transparent backdrop.
ST-10 – Stereo Power Amplifier
Near-reference-class performance. The fourth generation (V4 amplifier module) of this patented amplifier design outperforms its predecessor in several aspects:
– It lowers the noise floor by an astounding 20dB and elevates the output stage to 85% efficiency.
– Shortened circuit pathways result in a 20% improvement in through-put.
– Improved reliability in no-load condition and short circuit protection.
– Increased output current drive capability for low impedance speakers.
– Increased switching frequency to 600 KHz and an improved musical sampling rate.
– Improved S/N ratio and dynamic range.
– New linear power supply with a high-efficiency toroidal transformer. Reduced high-frequency noise and strengthened low-frequency performance.
– Signal path avoids cross-linking capacitors, thus achieving a frequency response at DC level for pure musical enjoyment.
– Enhanced even-order harmonic (H2) circuitry resembling the most attractive features of tubed-amp sound without its drawbacks and limitations.
The NuPrime Sound
– Vast soundstage.
– Wide, lightning-fast dynamics.
– Ultra-low distortion and noise.
– Music emerges from a pristine background, with delicate details and nuances intact.
“…over the years I’ve reviewed and used plenty of digital power amplifiers from Bel Canto, Wyred4Sound, April Music, and others, and I appreciate what a well-designed model can bring to a system. And it happens that the ST-10 is the best digital power amplifier I’ve heard to date…
…Within their product categories the DAC-10H DAC/preamp and ST-10 basic power amplifier are priced at the lower mid-level, yet they both deliver a level of performance that could be considered exemplary regardless of their cost…” – Steven Stone (The Absolute Sound)
“…I have Audience 2+2 in a stereo system in the bedroom, they have been powered by Cary Audio and Parasound multi channels. Due to the weight and only stereo need i sold the Cary and Parasound for the Nuprime ST-10. I was cautious as i have hated my previous experiments with class d amps such as rotel, pioneer and wyred4sound, all cold and lifeless, boring and flat. The ST-10 was a revelation, sweet, very detailed, tight, extended and bouncy, it had life and was a joyful match with the 2+2’s, I cannot remember a more enjoyable sound in 30 years, especially for the money, and the mids are incredible…
…In my main system i needed to replace my hernia weighted Cary 7 channel, so with my positive experience with the ST-10 I plumped for the MCH-K38 at half the weight of the Cary and hoping it would come close to the exceptional ST-10. The MCH-K38 will be used in a 5.1 system driving Audience 4+4’s when they arrive from the factory. In 5.1 mode the first 4 channels will be bridged and that is how i compared it to the ST-10, not only did it equal the ST-10 but in bridged mode bettered it. Same family signature but just with a more effortless control, more open, less restrained and detailed, I am extremely surprised and very happy, what a combination made in heaven, the Audience and the Nuprime ….rock on ….” – ZAPHOD2012 (audiocircle.com)
- RCA: Un-Balanced input x 1
- XLR: Balanced input x 1
- Stereo Speaker Out x 1
- Power Output: 150W x 2 at 8 Ohms; 150W x 2 @ 4 Ohms
- Gain: X 28
- Input Impedance: 23.5k Ohms
- 12V trigger input. It can use any standard male to male 3.5mm (3-pin type) cable.
- Sensitivity: 0.89 V to rated power
- THD+N: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: 0 Hz to 50kHz (-3dB)
- S/N Ratio: 91dB @ 10W
- Colour: High quality Anodised Black or Silver
- Dimensions: 59 mm x 215.4 mm x 394 mm [W x H x D]
- Weight: 7 kg
ST-10 is a phase inverting amp. If you are certain that the +/- (usually the red/white connectors) phase of your inputs are non inverting, then you should reverse the +/- inputs for each channel on ST-10. All other NuPrime amps were designed as non-inverting amp. If you have no idea what this is all about, don’t bother with making any adjustment.