Taking the best bits from NuPrime’s award winning products, the MCX has been developed for the multi-channel market. We understand that it is not only power that enthrals the listener, but also the accuracy of reproduction to create a realistic experience. In this respect the MCX Multichannel Power Amplifier delivers power and supreme accuracy putting you at the heart of an immersive cinematic experience.
NuPrime-X MCX Series – Multichannel Power Amplifier
A new level of audio realism
Whether you’re playing a movie, live concert or video games, the MCX amplifier with it’s lightning fast dynamics and ultra-low distortion brings you to a new level of audio realism.
The MCX utilises NuPrime’s Class A+D hybrid amplification technologies delivering the substance and warmth of Class-A amplification and the efficiency and speed of Class-D technology in a milieu of un-measurable noise. A 1000W power supply and 33,000 uF CMA capacitor array allows the MCX to fully exploit the Class A+D design’s ability to deliver massive amounts of power and speed when needed.
The MCX series uses discrete components in NuPrime’s ULCAM circuit, the signal can be fine tuned to reduce noise and provide maximum power. The MCX amp circuit improves on traditional class-D design by using a self-oscillating circuit to generate pulse-width modulation. The amplifier switches at a frequency of 550kHz, well beyond the redbook CD’s 44.1kHz sampling rate.
- Gain (factor): x21
- Sensitivity (to rated power): 1.6V rms
- Input Impedance: 50k Ohms
- THD: 0.01%
- Frequency Response: 10Hz~52KHz(-3dB)
- Power Output (RMS rated): 300W@8 Ohms/channel; 400W@4 Ohms/channel
- Power Output (RMS rated): 2 x 300W@8 Ohms; 1 x 550W@8 Ohms
- Power Output (RMS rated): 2 x 550W@8 Ohms
- Power Output (RMS rated): 1 x 750W@8 Ohms
Power Rating & Measurement
- For typical usage of multi-channel amps, the situation where all channels are driven at max power will never happen. Depending on the sound track, the effective power that can be derived from each channel should be somewhere between 50% to 75% of the RMS power of one channel.
- The MCX amps are designed to handle a wide range of speaker impedance from 2 Ohms to greater than 16 Ohms.
- As the speaker load varies and drop, the power increases (normally a 4 ohm load would have twice the power). But for high power amplifier the 4 ohm power rating can not exceed power supply, amplifier design limit and safety standard. Many manufacturers would claim theoretical (max) power to hype up the product spec.
- Dimension: 430mm x 347mm x 74mm [W x D x H]
- Weight: 6.5kg
- Colour: High quality Anodised Black