To meet the highest performance requirement of the NuPrime Evolution Series, the power circuit of Evolution DAC has been redesigned from the ground up using C-Core transformers and AC filters, in addition to the DAC circuit. The Evolution DAC utilises one of the world’s highest performing 32-bit audio DACs, the ES9038PRO and NuPrime PSRC IC chip. These not only decode but also provide sampling rate up/down conversion from PCM 44.1kHz to PCM 768kHz and DSD64 to DSD512.
Evolution DAC – Reference DAC
Ultra Clean Power Circuit
To get the cleanest and most stable power to the circuitry, no expense has been spared in the design of the power supply section of the Evolution DAC. The AC inlet goes directly through a filter, which reduces the AC high frequency line noise by at least 20dB in the 100kHz to 5MHz region.
C-Core Transformer and Large Capacitor Bank
The filtered AC power is then fed to the AC power supply that utilises C-Core transformers which exhibit less stray flux than conventional ring type transformers. The stainless steel enclosures for the power supply provides shielding to minimise the transformer noise interference affecting other sensitive circuitry. A large capacitor bank (around 70,000uF) using specialised capacitors, supplies ample and stable power to the analogue and digital circuitry.
Discrete Transistors and Changeable Op-amps
Taking things further, the analogue section benefits from a NuPrime proprietary power circuitry crafted from discrete components. This circuitry provides further power stabilisation and exhibits a high power supply rejection ratio (PSRR). Hence, the analogue section is fed with the cleanest and most stable power ever installed in any NuPrime product. This translates to a superlative gain in audio performance that defines the Evolution series. The Op-amps used in the analog section are socketed, making it possible for DIY customers to experiment with different sounds by changing them to other Op-amps.
ES9038PRO DAC Chip
The world’s highest performance 32-bit Stereo DAC the ES9038PRO. A State-of-the-art DAC with warm and natural sonic characteristics.
- NuPrime PSRC IC chip provides sample rate up/down conversion processing, from PCM 44.1kHz to PCM 768kHz and DSD64 to DSD512 (including PCM to/from DSD).
- A proprietary NuPrime implementation capable of decoding DoP formats via coaxial and optical inputs (to support NuPrime source and server devices that are able to output DoP stream in addition to S/PDIF).
- Seven digital filters.
- Output Level variable or fixed mode.
- Analogue output phase change.
- Analogue output channel setting (both outputs can be set to Right, Left, R + L or L + R).
- Display brightness adjustment.
- Seven digital inputs for complete system flexibility. Full microprocessor control with memory retention for all inputs.
- Custom designed non-linear volume curve.
- USB Asynchronous transfer mode.
- USB Supports DSD native playback by ASIO and DoP method. DSD is decoded natively with the same sample rate as the input source.
- USB Supports native MQA decode.
- Individually adjustable volume on each input for precise level matching of sources.
- Exclusive driver software for Windows, standard driver software for Mac.
- NuPrime vibration-free isolation feet.
- USB: Type B 2.0 Hi-Speed, data stream up to 384KHz/24Bit and DSD 256
- IIS/DSD: Supports PCM 768KHz/32Bit and DSD 512 data streams
- COAXIAL: Supports PCM 44.1KHz ~ 768KHz/32Bit and DSD DOP 64,128 and 256
- OPTICAL: Supports PCM 44.1KHz ~ 192KHz/32Bit and DSD DOP 64
- AES/EBU: Supports PCM 44.1KHz ~ 192KHz/32Bit and DSD DOP 64
- Analogue Outputs Connectors:
- 2 XLR balanced outputs: Fix mode 8Vrms or 4Vrms (user selectable). If set to variable output, the maximum output is 8Vrms.
- 2 RCA unbalanced outputs: Fix mode 4Vrms or 2Vrms (user selectable). If set to variable output, the maximum output is 4Vrms.
- Output Impedance: < 50 Ohm
- Frequency response: 20 Hz – 20 KHz / ±0.3 dB. SNR: > 110 dB
- THD+N: < 0.0003%
- 0 dB=2 Vrms with Volume=87; +6 dB=4 Vrms with Volume=99
- USB Audio Firmware: upgradable via USB DFU tool
- Power Supply: AC voltage selector switch at the bottom of the unit, 115V or 230V
- Colour: High quality Anodised Black or Silver
- Dimensions: 430 mm x 55 mm x 315 mm [W x H x D]
- Weight: 5.2Kg
- Power consumption: 13.5W (0.9W Standby)